Monday, June 20, 2011

All my bags are packed... I'm READY!

So the doctor told me I could go into labor at 37 weeks! I am so excited. I am really close. I feel like its going to be quite soon though. I got my hospital bag all packed up and ready to go by the door.



I got this bag when Kohl's opened years ago and I love it! My Girl likes to point out the cats, ice cream,and sponge bob square pants. So last time, I might not have expected to you know stay at the hospital for 3 days or be 1.5 hours away from home. I didn't bring much but an outfit for the baby and a toothbrush and bandanna. It wasn't very comfortable. Now that my hospital is like 5 minutes or so from my house, I'm super prepared! I printed out a list and everything!


What to bring to the hospital

For you:
  • Medical ID Card
  • Toiletries (toothbrushes, toothpaste, lip balm, brush, hair clip or band(anna), lotion, and cosmetics, deodorant) 
  • Nightgowns (if you prefer your own, I so do!): I got two nightgowns one with Eeyore and one pretty blue one that when I tried on My Girl said, "Oh Mama, You so CUTE!" I know it was sincere because when I tried on the other one that looked awful she said, "You no cute no more," LOL.
  • Non-Skid Slippers: I am crazy clumsy LOL so yeah I got a pair.
  • Hand fan or Spray mist bottle: I am not packing this... I honestly don't remember needing to be fanned and I can't think of how annoyed I'd be if someone was spraying water on my face. 
  • Underwear: I don't know if you all have had the postpartum underwear they give you at the hospital but they are these awful mesh things. Always bring a lot of them!
  • Supportive bra or nursing bra (for breastfeeding): Not gonna breastfeed but got some good bras!
  • Comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to wear home: Okay, I haven't quite packed this yet. Because I wear them everyday! I tried to get a special going home outfit but everything was way too tight!
  • Camera
  • Snacks: Not yet, but the hospital is right next to a grocery store and an In-n-Out.
For Baby:
  • Infant safety seat
  • Outfit for going home
  • Receiving blankets
  • Mittens

I threw in Cribbage, Scrabble Slam, Organic cotton yarn and crochet needles, stuffed elephant doll, a picture of My Girl, and some awesome lotions my Mom gave me! A few extras... I want to get a present for My Girl to give to My Boy and My Boy to give to My Girl. Especially since everyone's birthday is during my due date week. I just haven't decided on what yet. Someone told me a baby doll but my daughter doesn't really do baby dolls. She likes action figures and cars. I am thinking he gets her a firetruck or something. She gets him like a baby toy or something. Its really all about making her feel good. Seeing a picture of herself and she loves getting and giving presents.

Last time, I slept most of the time. So did Jorg and my Mom sat by bored as heck I am sure. Then it was alot of excitement and baby and exciting and hungry and I got to eat but I must confess I loved the unlimited supply of ICE CHIPS (CRUSHED)... I look forward to the ICE CHIPS and the baby too of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment