Monday, June 20, 2011

Rosewater and Shortbread

Look at these Roses!!!

Rosewater. Is there anything so sweet smelling (by any other name?)? j/k... that was horrible. I bought rosewater in college to freshen my bed linens cause it smelled awesome. I had disposable income at that time and could easily splurge on rosewater. But now I have to save money, by off brands, buy clearance, and only "essentials", which does not include rosewater! *sob*

I didn't even know I could make my own rosewater until a friend of mine posted on FB that she was making it and I wanted to grab her via message and be like TELL ME HOW! But I was busy or something I dunno so I didn't. But then one of my favorite blogs had it on there. She had a tutorial on making rosewater at Five Green Acres!

My Girl and I followed the Five Green Acres tutorial but we followed our own too.



Step 1: After picking the roses of course, Smell the Roses!




Step 2: Pull the petals off all 19 roses and smell them some more.




Step 3: You put a small amount of the petals in pot, like this. DON'T PUT TO MUCH water or roses. Or the bowl will bounce around and spill your rosewater.




Step 4: Boil and smell the roses! Then you have rosewater! For more detailed how to, go to the link at five green acres, I love that blog!



The end result... the water is clear but I felt like the whole thing needed some pink added to it. It doesn't make a whole lot. This is about 25 roses worth of water. So now you know why its so expensive!

VeganYumYum>> Lavender Shortbread


1 Cup Earth Balance, softened (Used Butter instead)
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1-2 tsp Rosewater
1 1/2 Tbs Dried Culinary Lavender
2 Cups All Purpose Flour

Preheat oven to 325F

Its not a difficult recipe. But I wanna keep credit the proper blog for this recipe. Go to VeganYumYum for the perfect tutorial of yumminess.


This is my new cookie jar. The Police Box Tardis. Its full of cookies! Best gift ever! and it goes so well with my brit cop but a Doctor Cookie Tin would go well with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment