Sunday, August 28, 2011

ROFL WAFFLE!

My Guy on My Girl's Waffle Afghan

There's something magical about crocheting. Something I find magical in the people who crochet (I include knitting in too but I'm only gonna say crochet). I bonded with my sister in law and my mother in law over some yarn and hook. I felt really connected to the family when we did the Caps for Good campaign. I <3 crochet and my family. I can't wait to teach My Girl and My Guy how to crochet, so it can bring them as much joy as its brought me!

That said, there's also something magical about waffles! Its the only stitch I ever wanted to learn, it actually got me into crocheting and 9 years after starting (on and off) my crocheting journey, I did it!

I followed these 4 youtube videos because I learned better visually then anything else.









Also I wanted to mention Ravelry - a knit and crochet community. This place helps you keep track of your projects, has tons of free and pay to use patterns, some have video tutorials, they are rated for difficulty and time, and is like a social networking site for people who love knit and crochet!

My Girl with her Waffle Afghan and My Guy with his knitted blanket from his grandma watching everyone play kinect bowling!

No comments:

Post a Comment