Monday, September 19, 2011

Pizza!

It's time to make dinner and I'm worn out. I got everything on had to make pizza, except the crust. And who wants to make pizza crust! Mix, rise, punch, rise, etc. I found a recipe to make pizza dough quick and easy. I put it all in the bread machine on the dough setting. That way it makes like zero mess for me. I also like to let it rise a little longer than suggested for a sort of thick crust. But I made several batches of dough and froze them. Now when I am feeling extra stressed out about making dinner, I just thaw a ball of dough and top it with whatever.

 

Pizza doesn't have to be red sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. To be fair it does have to have cheese, in my opinion. But I have made a loaded baked potato pizza, chile relleno pizza, breakfast pizza. And I am going to try pot roast pizza, cheeseburger pizza with dill pickles, chicken alfredo with broccoli, catfish pizza, Reuben pizza, clam chowder pizza, spam and kimchi pizza, and tuna melt pizza. Seems like you can turn any leftover into a pizza! And on busy days I sure plan to do it. Try new things, or rather old things in a new way! And anything in pizza form kids will eat. 

 

Its the "ZA"!

 

Ingredients

  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt

 

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
  2. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
  3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment