Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Winner, Winner, Eggplant Dinner!


This month was the Scriptfrenzy Challenge. The challenge is simple 30 days and 100 pages. It is put on each year by the Office of Letters and Lights. They are the same amazing people who put on Camp Nanowrimo and Nanowrimo in November. I am a big fan of writing. I used to write tons of stories when I was younger! Then somewhere along the way I got busy and distracted. But I finally decided to make writing a focus in my life again starting with Scriptfrenzy. Though, there is no way I'll let anyone read this screenplay of mine, I really enjoyed the challenge and being able to write freely. I challenged myself and succeeded. It may be a little more difficult in July and August to write 2 novels of 50,000 words each but I will remain committed. This has given me a new confidence in writing. I actually started working on my first kindle book and have a writing buddy, who is starting her first book! If you ever had any interest in writing at all, I strongly recommend you take the time and challenge yourself to write a 50,000 word novel in a month- its free!!!


Well, now we get to the eggplant dinner. I made Eggplant Parmesan last night for dinner. I was talking to my favorite cousin in the whole wide world and told her what I was making for dinner. She told me that I was so lucky that I could get away with that. After some thought, yes, yes, I am. I love eggplant. I have 3 plants in my garden that survived off season and are churning out yummy eggplants with purple plump skin! I would be absolutely heart broken if my Girl and Jorg wouldn't eat them.

This recipe is a little different then the traditional one. I have a rugrat getting into cat food, papers, everything!, and a 3 year old that needs my attention seemingly all the time, especially if I pay attention to her brother. I can't spend all night in the kitchen cutting, breading, frying, draining... etc. I have officially classified that as too much work for me. I used an amazing recipe that I found on the perfect PINTEREST!!! Its where I get most of my dinner ideas! I can't even link it right now because I'll get sucked into the sharing and astounding ideas everyone has!

Instead of breading and frying the eggplant, you mix it with olive oil and sea salt and roast it. Then you assemble it as you normally would and top it off with breadcrumbs for that nice crunch! I wish I had pictures of all this and my sweet cousin even asked me to take a picture for her... unfortunately, I was so hungry and we ate it all as soon as it was done!!! The only picture I managed to take was the roasted eggplant, which is delicious in its own right. Here's the link to the recipe: Eggplant parmesan casserole for two and if you feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen try this recipe, Eggplant Involtini, instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment